AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally recieved my KDL52XBR3 !!! But now I need a stand. I've read the stand thread, and it's really not what I'm looking for. In one of the enthusiast magazines I remember seeing a monster of a stand similar to the PHANTOM 50 from z-line designs ( have to google it, I'm new so can't link it). However the Phantom is for 50" and I'm worried about the weight rating on the stand. I need a floor stand (with the mounting pole or poles) with as compact of a base as possible but room for 4 audio components. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
7,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelinger /forum/post/0

So I finally recieved my KDL52XBR3 !!! But now I need a stand. I've read the stand thread, and it's really not what I'm looking for. In one of the enthusiast magazines I remember seeing a monster of a stand similar to the PHANTOM 50 from z-line designs ( have to google it, I'm new so can't link it). However the Phantom is for 50" and I'm worried about the weight rating on the stand. I need a floor stand (with the mounting pole or poles) with as compact of a base as possible but room for 4 audio components. Any suggestions??

Try this site to make a match

http://www.racksandstands.com/

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
You may have some reason why you can't or don't want to, but, is there some reason that you don't want to wall mount it?

A 52" LCD like mine is 85lbs and I can't imagine the Sony being that much more. I did wall mount mine and it was my best choice.

Something that may work for you is what I had before which was by Salamander designs. A rack/stand that lets you configure your shelves and heights of your shelves.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apartment with a jerk of a landlord. I'd rather not go through the hassle when he found the holes

I'll look into the Salamander. I guess I really just want a very heavy strong stand with the smallest possible base. Everything I've found tops out at a 50" rating. Although the one manufacturer said something close to 30-50" (based on industry standard sizes)??? Is Sony the only company to make a 52" and that's why I'm having problems?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.