Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

2 Months ago I purchased a Stewart screen from an Andy Marshall in Savannah, Georgia. He appears to be in the theater trade, or at least he was and now is doing commercial installations.

He was paid immediately following the Ebay auction close, with an additional $65 for shipping and handling. After a month of missed promises on his end, and numerous phone calls/e-mails on my end, he finally shipped the screen material. It has been another month since I received the screen material, and still no frame. He is very hard to reach.

If any of you know him personally, please impress upon him the need to follow through. I think he is a very busy individual who has let this fall to a low priority.

Two months is long enough!

Thanks for any help or insight!

Greg

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Greg, Normally when the sreens are shipped all the parts are in one box. The screen material is rolled in thick packing material and put in the box with the frame pieces. They kind of protect one another in transit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dennis,

The screen arrived in a large cardboard cylinder, with a paper interleaf rolled in. It would appaear that it was packed appropriately. The seller thought he would have a hard time packaging both items togoether and keeping both items harm free, thus he seperated them. He tells me that he has the item, it is just a matter of getting it on a truck.

Can anyone tell me about shipping in Savannah, Ga? Is there any reason to believe that it would be difficult to get a large item shipped out of there? Besides UPS (who he used to ship the screen), are there any other large carriers who could transport the item from Savannah?

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Greg, I buy all my screens from DaLite so that is what I base my opinion on. I would assume the frames form a Draper vs a Dalite are similar in respecr to design and ease of shipping. All the DaLite screen frames come broken down so that the longest pieces are within UPS limits. Call the mans hand by asking him to take the frame pieces to PAC and Post, have them boxed and shipped. Not a complicated matter in my opinion. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.