Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Trying to get the 5.1 from the cable box( TWC PIONEER 3510 BOX)

for the superbowl.

I have my speakers ( 6.1 ) already setup ( Speaker wire directly to denon 3802) and it works fine with my DVD PALYER.

The cable box said to hook up a set of rca wires to the digital out(which i did) and another set to the R/L audio out which i also did.

I made sure to have a movie on that is 5.1 ( Die another day which claims to be 5.1 on showtime) when connecting the other ends to denon 3802 and all i get is PL 11.

I'm not exactly sure where to connect the 2 sets of rca wires in the back of denon.

Any help?

Here's the instructions straight from pioneer site..

Q How should I connect Voyager to my Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound receiver?

A For Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound receivers, connect the R & L audio outputs on the Voyager to the R & L audio inputs on the Surround Sound receiver. Also, connect the digital audio output on Voyager to the digital audio input on the Surround Sound receiver

Thanks for your help

BR

·
Registered
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Rain
Also, connect the digital audio output on Voyager to the digital audio input on the Surround Sound receiver
These in/outs will be labelled 'coaxial' or 'optical' on the receiver and the cable box. Make sure to connect like to like.

Then you may need to switch the the appropriate input on the 3802 (eg.TV) and press 'Auto' for it to find the digital signal.

You might also want to check that the cable box's audio out is set to 'bitstream', not 'PCM'.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i have coaxial and optical on the reciever and using 2 of them .One for DVD player and the other for XBOx.

The pioneer has no coaxial or optical outputs that why i'm confused as to their instructions. They have output for digital audio using rca cable red/white.

Here's what they say you have to do to get 5.1. It does'nt make sense.

Q How should I connect Voyager to my Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound receiver?

A For Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound receivers, connect the R & L audio outputs on the Voyager to the R & L audio inputs on the Surround Sound receiver. Also, connect the digital audio output on Voyager to the digital audio input on the Surround Sound receiver

BR

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's no optical or coaxial outputs on this box. What the *&^%$ are they talking about!!!!

There's only rca outputs that are labeled digital audio out ,left and right

The other RIGHT LEFT is just labeled audio out.

It's one of the newer boxes pioneer 3510.

This is so...

BR

·
Registered
933 Posts
You need a Coax or Optical digital out to get 5.1 from that box.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what i thought. i thought the box had the optical or coaxial outputs but it does'nt.

Why do they have a new box that does 480p,720p and 1080i and no digital out!!!!!!

Thanks anyway

BR

·
Registered
377 Posts
Quote:
There's no optical or coaxial outputs on this box. What the *&^%$ are they talking about!!!!

There's only rca outputs that are labeled digital audio out ,left and right

The other RIGHT LEFT is just labeled audio out.

It's one of the newer boxes pioneer 3510.

This is so...

BR
The "digital audio out" on this cable box is coaxial. Looking at the back of the unit, it is the uppermost RCA jack in the middle left position of the cluster of RCA jacks.

O X O O

O O O O

O O O O

The X represents the RCA output for digital audio in the RCA connectors cluster on the back of the unit.

It is the single RCA labeled "Digital Audio OUT" and should be connected to a digital audio IN on the Denon, and the digital IN used should be set to DBS (assuming your cable video is on the DBS input) on the Denon. Digital Audio in should be set in the "AUTO" input mode.

***Edit*** BTW.. This is only one single RCA connection.. not Red and White

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xandypx

Thanks so much. Now that's something i can understand.

I can't tell you how many times i went back there and looked and did'nt see it. For some crazy reason i thought that was a video connection over and over again. Plus their manual does'nt help at all with their crazy instructions.

Thanks again!

BR

·
Registered
377 Posts
Quote:

Plus their manual does'nt help at all with their crazy instructions.

That's because they're in French. Go figure!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.