AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have attached my PS3 directly to my Benq w710st projector with an HDMI cable that is no longer than 4ft. (This isn't it's normal setup, but in my efforts to get 3D working I am trying to take all other variables out, a.k.a my AVR and a long 30' HDMI cable)

After connecting the PS3 to the projector, I go into the PS3 display settings, select HDMI as my connection type, then select "Automatic." According to everything I've seen I am supposed to confirm that I can see the screen (which I can) but then the PS3 is supposed to say that it is connected to a 3D TV and I am supposed to enter the TV size. This screen never appears. I can't get the PS3 to "see" my 3D projector for the life of me.

Any thoughts or ideas out there?

·
Registered
442 Posts
The PS3 runs hdmi 1.4 3D, while the 710st runs a frame sequential 3D format. The two will not interface without an adapter such as a Optoma 3dxl which are becoming increasingly difficult and expensive to find.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have attached my PS3 directly to my Benq w710st projector with an HDMI cable that is no longer than 4ft. (This isn't it's normal setup, but in my efforts to get 3D working I am trying to take all other variables out, a.k.a my AVR and a long 30' HDMI cable)

After connecting the PS3 to the projector, I go into the PS3 display settings, select HDMI as my connection type, then select "Automatic." According to everything I've seen I am supposed to confirm that I can see the screen (which I can) but then the PS3 is supposed to say that it is connected to a 3D TV and I am supposed to enter the TV size. This screen never appears. I can't get the PS3 to "see" my 3D projector for the life of me.

Any thoughts or ideas out there?
I was able to get 3D from a PS3 on my Qumi2 projector, which is frame-sequential, using a ViewSonic VP3D1 adapter. The PS3 actually uses HDMI 1.3 mode, but with the same data clock rate as HDMI 1.4.

"For the PS3, firmware 3.30 added the capability (to all PS3 models) to output in two of the 3D video modes defined by the HDMI 1.4 specification, 1920x1080p @ 24Hz and 1280x720p @ 60Hz. To put it in gaming terms, think of Hertz (Hz) as Frames Per Second (FPS). Sony have simply implemented support for those modes in the firmware and the PS3’s HDMI is fast enough to handle them."

Source: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/06/17/how-ps3-outputs-3d-video/
:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts