AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a toshiba laptop running win 7 and I want to use my G25 as a PC screen.....I have no HDMI on the PC so I have to use the VGA connection....

The problem I have is only the desktop background shows up on the panny but nothing else! (icons, start menu)

The wost part is my 2yr old used the laptops screen as a trampoline so I can't use it at all because its a garbled mess!

The only way I can use the toshiba is to use an external LCD computer screen and I was hoping to use the Panny PDP instead, but its not working yet....

Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
782 Posts
It sounds to me as if it is showing up as the Extended Desktop Monitor. You could try pressing the Windows button on your keyboard & the letter P on the keyboard at the same time. That gives an on screen option menu for different monitor settings. You likely won't be able to see it as your Primary is not working on your laptop but you could cursor over & press enter & see what happens.

The only other thing could be a scan issue where it is only showing part of the desktop but I doubt that. Also I believe the Panny can only take a 1366x768 feed via VGA so that may need to be set too.

I can't think of anything else to try unfortunately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.