Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just purchased a Panasonic TU HDS20 for use with my Mitsubishi 65807 HDTV to receive OTS signals (I cant use a dish, where I am located). After installing Radio Shacks top of the line UHF only antenna on my roof,adjacent to my primary antenna, connecting coaxial cable, and routing it to the STB, I connected everything inside and sat back to watch some HDTV in my home for the first time. It took a while to try to understand the Panasonic manual. Finally, I thought I had everything correct, and turned everything on.

All I am getting are the "standard" commercial UHF stations broadcast in my area, and none of those that broadcast HDTV signals. And even the ones I am receiving are very snowy and poor quality. Obviously, something isnt right, but what? There arent any reception issues. I live on the highest point in a three county area, and get flawless normal VHF/UHF reception from my other, roof mounted antenna. I have to assume something isnt right in how I set up the STB.

I would greatly appreciate any help with this, as I am quite frustrated. Thanks, in advance.

Jim in metro Detroit

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a similar problem with a TU-HDS20, and almost thought it was DOA right out of the box. In one of the setup menus, you can select that there is no DirecTV antenna. Once I did that, normal OTA started working. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<<<In one of the setup menus, you can select that there is no DirecTV antenna. Once I did that, normal OTA started working.>>>

I had that problem too at first, and couldnt get any kind of reception at all, but I finally did find it and change it, now I am just getting the standard UHF stations here in Detroit, no HDTV broadcasts at all. And the picture on those is terrible. Something obviously still isnt set up correctly.

Jim

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good news.........I finally got everything working today. The only disappointing thing was that the only , full time, HDTV broadcast here is a PBS channel, and for some reason, it was off the air today. Well, that and the fact that all there was to watch on CBS was the Tony Awards tonight! <g>

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.