AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have these energy speakers and love them in a 3.1 set up but the are to long for my tv stand so have to put the one I use as a center channel more forward on tv stand and my 2 year old has destroyed that one !! I have 2 good ones left so I can use one as a center and need two more smaller speakers I can lay flat on each side of the v5.2c !! Or replace all 3 with new speakers so I can do maybe speakers on the wall next to tv and one nice center on the tv stand ?? Or a triad, Niles, deftech soundbar? I got the veritas for 500.00 something shipped and love them but to big for the tv stand and don't want the other two damaged !! Can't do towers as the toddlers will destroy them but if can put them further back on the stand I'm good

Suggestions??

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Meaning if i can find something that sounds as good as the veritas but smaller what is it? Or something i could use one veritas v5.2 as center and add 2 smaller speakers or on walls next to tv?

·
Registered
684 Posts
If you like the Veritas sound, track down a couple V-Mini C and mount them to the wall using one of your 5.2 for a center. There are usually some on eBay.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
How much smaller? The V5.1s would be smaller, and would be an excellent match to the V5.2c. The important thing is to stay with the Energy Veritas line as mixing in other speakers in your front soundstage would be a poor timbre match.

·
Registered
28,733 Posts
if that if that picture is the way things are currently set up you need to do a few things.

1. Put the grilles on each speaker!! That would significantly help reduce the chances of your kid ruining the drivers.

2. The speakers are too far back and sounds reflect off your cabinet. the center should be pulled to the front edge of your cabinet. And the other main speakers should be pulled forward too.

3. I'm not a father so I cant tell you how to keep your kid away from or the temptation of ruining your speakers.

You might want to try these wall mounts with your current speakers. Not sure how well they work with a taller speaker like the V5.2 though.
http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Clamping-Mounting-Surrounding-MS56B/dp/B000X9O8SI/ref=pd_cp_e_0

If you need 3 smaller bookshelf and center speakers maybe look at the Cambridge s30 and s50 speakers. Cant say if you'll like them better than your V5.2's. You got a great deal on those.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/cambs30blk/cambridge-audio-s30-4-2-way-bookshelf-speakers-pair-black/1.html
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/cambs50blk/cambridge-audio-s50-4-3-way-center-channel-speaker-black/1.html

If you must sit your speakers back on the cabinet just be aware that it will cause unwanted reflections. But maybe that's not as important as keeping your speakers undamaged.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey afro no they arent set up like that !!!! That was old pic!! But talked with somebody today at WWS and we are going to just build a new system!! Thanks guys!! Will do something on wall left and right and then a very large center !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts