AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1 set of receiver with 1 set of analog inputs but have a Blue Ray and HD-DVD player with analog outs. So I need a solution. I have done searches on this, read a few but get confused with all the technical talk. I seen the Zetkor product but a little pricey. I do not want to sacrafice any audio quality with getting something cheap or does not do it right. So can someone give me some the best options avalible?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/12995337

Check for the Philips or use a pair of cheap RS switches.

What is the Phillips called? Is it a component switcher? What is a RS switch?

·
Registered
30,710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotp94 /forum/post/12995473

What is the Phillips called? Is it a component switcher? What is a RS switch?

I have no idea. They have both been described on various similar threads here on AVS but I am afraid you will have to search for the information yourself.

·
Registered
16,876 Posts
There is thread here somewhere with the Phillips's model number. Do you have access to a Wal-Mart (that you are willing to shop at)?

I've had trouble finding info regarding it online, myself, even at the Phillips site.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Isn't there a Sony receiver with two sets of 5.1 inputs?

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Yes, please search, topic has been discussed here and in surround audio sub-forum many times. Try out a cheap switch first, if you hear no problems, you are good to go. If you do, time to step up to the $250 Zektor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts