AVS Forum banner
  • If you've ever wanted to ask questions on industry standards when setting up your home theater, you're in luck! Peter Aylett, 30 year integrator and partner at HTE Acoustic Interior Design will be answering questions until Sun. Nov. 28th! The thread is now open, and you can join in here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These two 12" subs were pulled from a theater with DIY sonosubs(tubes were water damaged) powered by a Hsu Model 500 amp. I tried googling the marking on the underside of the woofer but came up short in my search. Anybody know what they are? I also ran them through my Dayton DATS V2.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it possible they're HSU woofers? HSU used to sell sono subs.
Jay,

They looked like DIY sonosubs, as there were no markings on them and the quality of construction wasn't very good. Although I suppose it's possible they were once HSU subs and the woofers were repurposed as there was a HSU amp in the system. I'm just trying to identify them to get an idea of the available xmax.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.