AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current HTPC setup includes Digital Cable to SageTV using a Hauppauge 350 capture card directly out to a Sapphire R9000 via s-video to an analog 32" Sony. I find the PQ very soft compared to cable direct to the TV. No matter what adjustments are made to contrast, etc within Sage, the softness remains.

I'm about to upgrade my video system with a Panny TH-42PHD6UY and would like to improve composite or s-video quality at the same time (these signals are considered the best input to Panny's for SD material). I'll use DVI for DVD's and HD content.

Any recommendations to improve video? Is the Sapphire card the weak link? Would a new video card that supports descaler help? I don't mind doing what it takes but I'm shooting in the dark.

Any help appreciated.

Tom

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Wait until you get your new display and then consider upgrading your video card. Most people seem to suggest ATI 9600 or higher to improve PQ. I gave up on recording digital SD TV as nothing gave me good results. In fact, I do not even watch SD except in my bedroom on SD Sony set.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.