AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the dish installed and ready to run the RG6 to the receiver but the instructions tell me that I must use a multi-switch. Can't I just run 2 wires from the dish to my D-Tivo and leave the other 2 outputs on the satellite for other future receivers?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDKing
I got the dish installed and ready to run the RG6 to the receiver but the instructions tell me that I must use a multi-switch. Can't I just run 2 wires from the dish to my D-Tivo and leave the other 2 outputs on the satellite for other future receivers?
Most (if not all) 3-LNB dishes have a 4x4 multiswitch built into the dish itself. So if you need no more than 4 lines, you can plug the lines coming off the dish directly into your receivers. If you need more than 4 lines, you will need a 4x8 multiswitch.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
The newer Phase III dish has the multiswitch built in, you can disregard that.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the LBN does say built in multiswitch. Let's say that I want to install 2-3 more normal receivers. Would I just but a multiswitch and run the last 2 outputs on the LBN to the multiswitch and then run 3 more off of that into each receiver?

My configuration will be

1 Directv with Tivo

3 Directv receivers

·
Registered
796 Posts
Quote:
Yes, the LBN does say built in multiswitch. Let's say that I want to install 2-3 more normal receivers. Would I just but a multiswitch and run the last 2 outputs on the LBN to the multiswitch and then run 3 more off of that into each receiver?

My configuration will be

1 Directv with Tivo

3 Directv receivers
From what I understand, if you need more than the original 4 outputs from the built in multi switch, you will need a 4x8 and every one of the 4 outputs from the built-in switch will have to be connected to the new 4x8 multiswitch. Then you will have 8 outputs.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Quote:
So until then, I can just run 2 out of the LBN to my DirecTivo?
Absolutely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.