AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Iam about to buy a Hitachi 37 inch Plasma TV, it claimd to have 1024 x 1024 pixels.

Pls can somebody let me know wether it will support HD either 720p 0r 1080i ,though the manufacturer claims it does ,being a newbie,i want to seek an expert opinion on same. I decided on the size because of my room size and selected this model because it suits my pocket.

Thanks and wait some suggestions pls.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have never seen a 37" plasma from Hitachi and if I remember they did have one a while ago but it was EDTV not HDTV. You really need to give a model number to get the best advice.

Anyway what you wrote sounds correct. The FPs native resolution does not imply what your set can process as an incoming signal. The set will de-interlace and scale from what it receives to it's native res.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I'm not sure that I've ever heard of a 1080 x1080 plasma in 37" by Hitachi either. You want to check on the "supported resolutions" in the specs. This will be different than the screen resolution. LCDs and plasmas are fixed pixel screens. That means that they must convert the incoming signal into whatever number of pixels they have.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi!

Thanks Ebernazz ,sorry for rate response been traveling ,juts got to see your reply. The model

iam looking at Hitachi PD37 -5000TA ,any suggestions?

Thanks why2not the resolution is 1024 by 1024 and the model is Hitachi PD 37 -5000ta.

·
Registered
426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muks1224 /forum/post/0

Hi!

Thanks Ebernazz ,sorry for rate response been traveling ,juts got to see your reply. The model

iam looking at Hitachi PD37 -5000TA ,any suggestions?

Thanks why2not the resolution is 1024 by 1024 and the model is Hitachi PD 37 -5000ta.

I don't think that set is sold here in the states so I would have a tough time giving you information. Sorry.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
My brother bought a 37" Panasonic HD plasma a few months back for his bedroom and it is an outstanding display. Prices have actually fallen since he bought that one on clearance. IMO Panasonic is the best overall value in plasma displays at this time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.