AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need help ISF is unavailable out here in my area. I live in the country and there only two guys who do this out my way, but their booked and said they only really work on HT's they built their self. I have a Sony VPLVW12HT and have just been using the factory presets. The Reds are off I would like to have the Projector setup for my room and screen so it will look it very best. any advice? Thanks, Redhouse

Here's a screen shot.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I was in a very similar situation -- turns out that the only solution I could come up with was to box up the projector and potentially the DVD player you are using (some isf guys like to calibrate with the source unit in place) and ship the whole shebang to your chosen calibrator. Costs a bit more due to the shipping/insurance, but it will get the job done. Certainly not a simple way to do it, but sometimes there is no elegant way to get where you need to go.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Redhouse,

that is a hell of a screen shot. We need more screen shots to really be able to help you out ...but, please, in order to fully determine how bad your reds are, we need much more skin shown!!:p

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Redhouse,

You might want to check into some of the calibrators that travel the country. Here are a couple I Know that do calibrator tours. You should be able to find their info on the ISF site.

www.imagingscience.com

Michael Chen (I don't know Michael except from the forums but has a good rep)

Gregg Loewen (I've met Gregg at various classes and seems like a very nice guy and apprenticed with Michael)

Any display should ideally be calibrated in its environment to get the most accurate results. I wouldn't recommend sending out your PJ unless your room, lighting and screen conditions very closely matches what the environment the calibrator is going to use. Just my .02

Bob

·
Registered
467 Posts
I agree with Shumi. More screen shots are definitely in order. The program material must be seen using a variety of shots to judge the intensity..... ahh who am I kidding I just want to see more of Brooke Burke in a bikini. :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
Why is it that this thread has been accessed 10 times more than the bikini shot? I know there aren't that many women interested in ISF calibration, and I just know that some of you have downloaded it more than once. So, it's either ignorance or prudery; not pretty either way. I thought you guys were all red-blooded Americans.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are funny, Brooke Burke will make any screen look good no matter how bad the setup is right. Thanks for the info, I will look into the guys that travel around but the sending my stuff out to someone I don't know, I rather not. Besides I think it would be much better to do it in my room so it looks it's best under my conditions. Ok what other screen shot's will help out let me know more Brooke or something else? Thanks guys. Redhouse

Here's one more screen shot.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's one more screen shot with Jimi Hendrix, his coat should be red but the red's are more orange.

·
Registered
7,996 Posts
You might want to consider renting Colorfacts and doing the calibration yourself ($300.00/month). The software has an excellent Help file and several wizards.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Redhouse,

You should visit/email the guys at Enhanced HT ( http://www.enhancedht.com/ ), they've done very good work with your projector and others. Read a little regarding their SMART III system, and search this forum for feedback from other's who've used it. I believe this will allow you to achieve exactly what you are looking, and you will learn a lot in the process.

Good luck (nice pics).

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Quote:
You might want to consider renting Colorfacts and doing the calibration yourself ($300.00/month). The software has an excellent Help file and several wizards.
Thanks Tom!

Redhouse, if you are interested in that possibility, here is where you will find the details.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TomHuffman
That’s a great idea. I do not think I would need the equipment for the full 30days (I better not :D). I wonder, if some people might be interested in throwing together and sharing the equipment for a rental period. Mark’s company would allow us to do it:

From the Milori website:

“There are no technical barriers to sharing the product among your friends, or renting it out to others for a period shorter than your rental period with Milori, Inc. However, Milori, Inc. will not be officially transferring the rental agreement to a third party, and our records will show the rental as being with the original party who placed the order"

Those people would preferably live in the same area… Another benefit is that one could help each other getting familiar with setting up the equipment and doing the calibration (which isn’t according to Milori difficult either).

If anybody in the Metro Detroit area is interested, please pm me…

Maybe we can get something going. Biggest issue I can foresee is how to split the free gifts equally :D..

Thanks!

_____

Axel

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wanted to have someone come out and do the calibration so I could learn and just have it done right. I'm the kind of guy that rather pay a pro and have it done right, then screw around with something I know nothing about. But given that I can't get someone out here then the Colorfacts might be just what I need and have to do. One question, has anyone ever thought about putting together a Home Theater tool kit that would come with every thing needed to calibrate and run your system for a reasonable price? Not that the products are not priced reasonably for a custom installer but for a DIY type of owner, it's a lot. Also I'm interrested in Axel's idea how about some more details.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.