AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to make a decision today and have been considering the TH-58PZ800U.

I have a wall space that is 36"H

Is this my best 'bang for the buck'?

Where would one recommend that I make the purchase?

I am a capable DIY'er so can handle install.

Thanks a million for any advice...

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Can't give you a vendor off hand, but conduct a 5 minute search on the i-net and you'll be fine.

IMO, it would be difficult to argue that it ISN'T one of the top values in consumer displays.

James

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'd first look to a forum sponsor like Cleveland Plasma, BuyBestPlasma.com, etc. Their prices are very competitive with some of the other internet prices and I'd place a small wager that their customer service is a lot better.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicRat71 /forum/post/15464669

any votes for the Samsung PN58A650 over the Panny?

I've looked at these 2 TV's foreverrrrrrrrrrr. It's a complete toss up. Look at them in the stores(adjusted) and take the one that looks a little better to you. You can't go wrong with either one-If you need a swivel stand beware the Panasonic does not have one even though I believe their specs say they do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnan24 /forum/post/15464726

I've looked at these 2 TV's foreverrrrrrrrrrr. It's a complete toss up. Look at them in the stores(adjusted) and take the one that looks a little better to you. You can't go wrong with either one-If you need a swivel stand beware the Panasonic does not have one even though I believe their specs say they do.

Thanks, I guess it's a looks decision at this point...and it will be wall mounted, so the Samsung may win. I'll stop at Circuit City in an hour to judge the looks.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnan24 /forum/post/15464726

I agree.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Why do you have to make a decision today? I would think you would want to do some research before spending that kind of money. The Panasonic is going to have better blacks, so if that is important to you it may be a tiebreaker. Whatever you do please don't buy the set at CC and look online for the best price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg /forum/post/15465360

Why do you have to make a decision today? I would think you would want to do some research before spending that kind of money. The Panasonic is going to have better blacks, so if that is important to you it may be a tiebreaker. Whatever you do please don't buy the set at CC and look online for the best price.

Thanks!

Like many, I have read too much and wanted a fresh view.

I'm ordering the Samsung (touch of red) via Amazon.

Next! ...have to get the outlets in over the mantle and figure out what to do for audio.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Magic I have seen the 650 next to the 800 for at least 3 hours with full command of the remotes so I could set them up in similar nodes...black levels while showing differences by measurement, to my eye there was hardly a difference and I liked the Samsungs color by a yard. JMTC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts