AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone tried to send me a show but could not connect. This was working a couple of weeks ago.

I have a Linksys BEFSR41 router which I believe is set up correctly for forwarding....Ext port 29015 to Ext port 29015 TCP checked....UDP unchecked. I checked to make sure that the IP of my RTV is the same as what is listed in the router setup.

I'm using the free version of Zonealarm. I'm thinking that maybe Zonealarm is stopping the communication. I checked the ZA log.....the last few attempts at sending out info were blocked. I don't know how to tell if the IP that I'm trying to contact is the Replay server.......also...if it is the replay server, i cannot figure out how to unblock it.

Help please.

Thank you

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
IVS has been down for few days. ZA has nothing to do with IVS if you have your Replay hooked up directly to the Linksys router.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Current ETA is 9/30 for the server being back (see myreplaytv.com, same server).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AHA!

Many thanks for the info.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quick note, Zonealarm is a software firewall for your computer and in no way gets in between your RTV and the internet.

Regards

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rcsommers
Quick note, Zonealarm is a software firewall for your computer and in no way gets in between your RTV and the internet.

Regards
It would if he was using Windows ICS or one of his PC's as a bridge, that's why I phrased my answer like I did.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy
It would if he was using Windows ICS or one of his PC's as a bridge, that's why I phrased my answer like I did.
You have a point, I might have assumed too much!

Regards

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rcsommers

Regards
As an aside it will cause unholy havoc if you are using DVArchive. Ok...perhaps not onholy havoc, but it will prevent one from being able use DVArchive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.