AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of my sons who are 4 and 2 love sharks. Mainly do to the new Finding Nemo trailer. Well I was wandering if there are any animated or non animated shark movies out there in which the sharks do not kill people.

·
Registered
28,092 Posts
You can try some of the IMAX or National Geographic undersea programs, if that helps.

Movies that incorporate sharks into the plot tend to use them as big scary monsters.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Netflix has a film called "Air Jaws 1 and 2: Sharks of South Africa (2002)

" - try that one. Description from Netflix: "Like crocodiles pulling zebra into the Mara River, like Orcas beaching themselves to capture sea lions, the aerial attacks of great white sharks in South Africa's False Bay rank among the most spectacular predatory events in nature. Join shark expert Dr. Rock Strong in South Africa - the only place in the world where these aerial attacks occur - for an in-depth study of this incredible predatory behavior. "

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
In Austin Powers they have sharks that don't kill people, oh wait a tick they couldn't get sharks ;)

On a more serious note I found one at the library that is very interesting. It was produced by BBC and called....

Blue Planet Seas of Life

There are 4 DVDs (not all on sharks though) I believe, highly recommended. They sell them in 2-packs also.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Let's see - Disney's the Little Mermaid has two shark characters. They are companions to the evil witch though.

I really can't think of anything else. BTW, what do sharks do besides swim and kill anyway? It is tough to imagine even a documentary that did not focus on killing. I suppose they don't always include killing people.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Originally posted by richardg:
Quote:
" - try that one. Description from Netflix: "Like crocodiles pulling zebra into the Mara River, like Orcas beaching themselves to capture sea lions, the aerial attacks of great white sharks in South Africa's False Bay rank among the most spectacular predatory events in nature. Join shark expert Dr. Rock Strong in South Africa - the only place in the world where these aerial attacks occur - for an in-depth study of this incredible predatory behavior. "
I haven't seen those two movies but TLC had a week-long special on sharks. One of the episodes had some footage from those two movies and you are right - the arial attacks are nothing short of incredible and spectacular!

To the original poster: Check with TLC 'online', they usually sell the tapes of their shows. In fact, I remember that at the end of each episode, TLC announced that you could order each tape or the whole set. I think this series would be really fascinating for your sons and I don't think there was much killing (of humans), just sharks in their natural habitat and how they survive.

Robert N.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.