AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day folks.

I am aware of the various media streamers that allow vids and music to stream via network to your TV and or stereo. What I want to do is a bit different.

I used to use MEEDIO on a dedicated HTPC box, but now tire of it (anybody looking for one
in silverstone HTPC case?). Anyway, I my media, mostly MP3s, rarely do vids, sitting cloned on various PCs and external hard drives. What I would like to do is to be able to use my laptop to control the stream to the stereo - sort of like a remote jukebox. Most of the STB type media streamers have an interface that sort of stinks. Anybody know of inexpensive options to acomplish this?

Brian

·
Registered
4,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBiggles /forum/post/18159382

Good day folks.

I am aware of the various media streamers that allow vids and music to stream via network to your TV and or stereo. What I want to do is a bit different.

I used to use MEEDIO on a dedicated HTPC box, but now tire of it (anybody looking for one
in silverstone HTPC case?). Anyway, I my media, mostly MP3s, rarely do vids, sitting cloned on various PCs and external hard drives. What I would like to do is to be able to use my laptop to control the stream to the stereo - sort of like a remote jukebox. Most of the STB type media streamers have an interface that sort of stinks. Anybody know of inexpensive options to acomplish this?

Brian

Are you talking about something like Sonos? It allows you control everything from a laptop, iPod phone/touch, Android Phone, Sonos controller, etc.

It connects to network shares as well as directly via the Internet to Pandora, Last FM, and other music sites. I have alarms and timers setup on mine and control it al via my phone.

You can have a multiple boxes connected to differnet speakers, ampilifiers, and recievers. They also have an all-in-one unit (speakers, sub, amp). You can then group everything or have them play different sources.

I know Logitech makes something similar too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts