AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new here, I was hoping for a little help on buying my first projector. I read a bunch different threads on here concerning the models im interested in and still cannot decide.

The first model is the Epson 8350. Frys has it for sale at 650 free shipping.

the second model is the Epson 8345 which visual apex has it for 550 free shipping

the third is the benq w1070 which i found from what seems to be a reputable seller on ebay for 600 free shipping.

The room im using is well light controlled however there will be some light at times. the screen im using is a 120 electrical drop down screen

Im not interested in the 3d that much as I will be using mainly for sports and video games. and blu ray movies here and there. the only difference from what i can tell between the epson models is the 2000 lumens(8350) and the 1800 lumens (8345) will the difference of 200 lumens be very noticeable? and the contrast is 50,000 to 1 compares to 25,000 to 1.

any advice would be great. Like i said im new to projectors so any help is appreicated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also forgot to add that the 8345 come with a 2 year warranty from epson and 90 days/500 hrs on lamp the 8350 comes with 1 year warranty and the w1070 had a 30 day warranty

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I also forgot to add that the 8345 come with a 2 year warranty from epson and 90 days/500 hrs on lamp the 8350 comes with 1 year warranty and the w1070 had a 30 day warranty
The W1070 is by far the better projector, but if the seller says the warranty is 30 days, then I'd stay clear of that seller. It is 655 on Amazon, new.

Reactions: old corps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah its definetley hard to decide. Im thinking on ordering the epson and the benq both from visual apex. I have been talking to them through email and they offer 30 day no hassle return and they offer free return shipping so that will give me a chance to audition each projector and test it with movies/video games to see which one i prefer and then just ship the one i dont want back.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yeah its definetley hard to decide. Im thinking on ordering the epson and the benq both from visual apex. I have been talking to them through email and they offer 30 day no hassle return and they offer free return shipping so that will give me a chance to audition each projector and test it with movies/video games to see which one i prefer and then just ship the one i dont want back.
I read the epson has an input lag around 85ms. Bit bad if you love first person shooters. Thats one reaso I skip Epson. EcondvI saw on youtube a video and the benq looks much better.

Check on utibevn search benq ht1075 transformers. It look awesome! Now im dealing with the sreen if white matte or high contrat white matte in which is some sort of light gray.

I will use se pj only on very very low light conditions. But i love the blacks on plasmas so. Not sure what screen to buy. As for pj i believe i will buy the hc1200

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read the epson has an input lag around 85ms. Bit bad if you love first person shooters. Thats one reaso I skip Epson. EcondvI saw on youtube a video and the benq looks much better.

Check on utibevn search benq ht1075 transformers. It look awesome! Now im dealing with the sreen if white matte or high contrat white matte in which is some sort of light gray.

I will use se pj only on very very low light conditions. But i love the blacks on plasmas so. Not sure what screen to buy. As for pj i believe i will buy the hc1200
i just saw a few youtube videos on the mentioned benq ht1075. WOW!! very impressive from what I saw.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Usually manufacture refurbished are legit, if you don't mind it having that label. For projectors, or anything this pricey, I usually just buy it new so I can have peace of mind...but that's just me.

With that said, I think for your situation, you'd like the BenQ W1070 the most. Really good for gaming and runs a lot smoother than Epson. Serious gamers can feel the slight lag difference, so if this bothers you, then just save the hassle and go with the BenQ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts