AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of choosing a front projector and motorized screen for my home theater. I am looking for some thoughts on the screen. I have not made a final decision on the projector but i am leaning heavily towards the Epson ls10000. With this as an assumption what screens would this group recommend for me. My theater is in the basement with a great control on light. My front seats are about 10 feet back and my back seats (slightly raised) are about 18 feet back. I have room for 100 to 110 inch diagonal. I understand white screens work well in light controlled environment. However, the room is not black but brown walls and light colored ceiling so there may be some reflective light impacts. Discussed with wife about painting and that is a no go. I would like suggestions on a good screen material and thought of the better mechanical system using the motorized screens (tension etc). I will place my center speaker behind the screen so i know i need an acoustic transparent screen

I have experience with Dalite fixed screen with prior systems but no recent experience. My old Dalite was a 2002 vintage.

·
Registered
30,228 Posts
I am in the process of choosing a front projector and motorized screen for my home theater. I am looking for some thoughts on the screen. I have not made a final decision on the projector but i am leaning heavily towards the Epson ls10000. With this as an assumption what screens would this group recommend for me. My theater is in the basement with a great control on light. My front seats are about 10 feet back and my back seats (slightly raised) are about 18 feet back. I have room for 100 to 110 inch diagonal. I understand white screens work well in light controlled environment. However, the room is not black but brown walls and light colored ceiling so there may be some reflective light impacts. Discussed with wife about painting and that is a no go. I would like suggestions on a good screen material and thought of the better mechanical system using the motorized screens (tension etc). I will place my center speaker behind the screen so i know i need an acoustic transparent screen

I have experience with Dalite fixed screen with prior systems but no recent experience. My old Dalite was a 2002 vintage.
With front row seats 10' away from the screen, microperf is out. I would look at Seymour AV UF or Screen Excellence EN4K. if you would like to discuss, give us a call.

·
Registered
7 Posts

You may want to look at a woven AT screen instead of a perforated one. Since you are sitting so close to the screen the perforations will be visible, but a nice tight AT weave may be unnoticeable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts