AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 50g10 tv and looking for a home theater system for it. Not sure whether I want seperate components or HTIB. I'm not an audiophile but would like something better and fuller than the stock speakers on the tv. I know it isn't the best for audio or probably even bluray or dvd but I was going to go with a panasonic just to be the same as the tv and take advantage of the same remotes and the viera link thing(not really sure what it does)

I just noticed though on all the HTIB I have looked at from Panasonic they don't even have an HDMI input for a STB from cable or dish. So are these HTIB's from panasonic only good for audio on the blue ray. I guess it does have two optical audio .. I guess you would just use that and have to run two hdmi .. one from the htib for the blueray/dvd and one from the stb..

Is that how it is done.? I kind of like the idea of an onkyo receiver with everything going in via HDMI and then one output to the tv VIA HDMI..

I'm new to all this so forgive me.. just looking for any help to make my life easier.. and my headache go away.

· Registered
250 Posts
I would not go with the Panny HTiB. I have a Panny 50", but have the Onkyo HT-S6100 for video switching and audio. It has 4 HDMI inputs, and decode all Dolby and DTS audio formats including Dolby TrueHD and DTS MasterAudio. This system is considered the best bang for the buck in HTiB systems. If you are condisering Blu-Ray, you want a system designed to handle the audio and video. I purchased a Panny DVD recoder/VHS unit primarily for the Vierra Link....I really didn't like it that much.

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've pretty much decided on the 6100 or the 7100 from onkyo.. just need to find the right price.. I don't have an ipod and do have sirius.. I like the option of the video from the ipod with the 7100.. and possible sirius hook up..

I have also read that some of the onkyo reciever work with the panny viera link so that you can control the receiver through the tv..

can't find much info on this.. just a couple of articles that talk about it.. don't know if it is only certain receivers that do it..

· Registered
16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_W73 /forum/post/16849688

I've pretty much decided on the 6100 or the 7100 from onkyo.. just need to find the right price.. I don't have an ipod and do have sirius.. I like the option of the video from the ipod with the 7100.. and possible sirius hook up..

I have also read that some of the onkyo reciever work with the panny viera link so that you can control the receiver through the tv..

can't find much info on this.. just a couple of articles that talk about it.. don't know if it is only certain receivers that do it..

newegg has the 6100 for $579 free shipping and if you just live search cashback you can get an additional $2.5-3% knocked off. i just purchased this system over the weekend. after all the research i did it sounded like the best bang for the buck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.