AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a killer deal on a VT50 from my local BB, right now I am trying to decide if I should keep it or drop down to a 50. I have small living room and I currently sit 6ft away from the tv with 8ft being my max. For the last week or so I've been tweaking setting on my cable to help the soft picture the VT displays.Playing with settings on my Comcast box by setting resolution to 720p seem to help quite a bit. Content looks a lot better IMO. Doesn't anyone think going down to a 50 inch will tighten and improve the picture quality sitting at 6-8 feet away or should I just keep the VT50? I have a few more weeks to decide.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I am assuming you currently have the 65VT50. I have a simliar seating distance (7-9ft) and would never drop down 15".

I would post in the VT50 owner thread. There is a lot of talk about the softness issue. However there is no conclusion just yet. I don't have this issue with my Directv box

You might want to try swapping your 65VT50 first.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I would stick with the 55. You won't want to go smaller and it won't really help with the softness. Have you posted in the owners thread yet?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I sit 6-8 feet away from my 50" LG / Sam's club plasma. It still looks too small, especially for movies shown in accurate aspect ratio's. I'm going to get the 55" Panasonic GT model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts