AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 orion hcca 12s with a ct sounds 2500.1 d amp. They are running off,my stock,car battery and 2 diehard marine batteries and the voltage willl drop lower than it should. What are some of the best capacitor choices,to help my voltage?

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orions122  /t/1522282/need-help-on-deciding-what-capacitor-to-use#post_24474616

I have 2 orion hcca 12s with a ct sounds 2500.1 d amp. They are running off,my stock,car battery and 2 diehard marine batteries and the voltage willl drop lower than it should. What are some of the best capacitor choices,to help my voltage?

I guess you are talking about stiffening capacitors. I have done some lab tests with these and frankly once you get very far past about 40,000 uF or so diminishing returns sets in pretty hard. Yup, you can get ones going up to a Farad or more (1,000,000 uF+) but that is usually vast overkill.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
You need to realize that capacitors, even the biggest, will only minimize short-term fluctuations; less than 100 milliseconds.

For overall drops in voltage you just need much bigger batteries or additional batteries in parallel (or larger supply wire).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts