AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to take the HT upgrade plunge and from my research both here and from other sources, this is what I'm planning:

Seleco HT200DM

Stewart Luxus Deluxe 123" Grayhawk

Panasonic RP91 DVD (I have access to this at cost)

I already have a dedicated, light controlled, sound-proof, 25' x 12' room in my basement with an existing HT built around a Panasonic 61' rear projection. PSB mains, Paradigm center, surrounds and sub. Yamaha AV receiver and Panasonic A320 DVD. (Leather couch and recliners to top it off)

I know some of the other components could be better, but I'm not looking to break the bank and am going for an image upgrade right now.

Any opinions on these selections would be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
Jamo,

Looks like you have made some nice selections. I have a question? You listed PSB for the mains with Paradigm for the balance of your speaker selection. Why not PSB all the way around? Just curious.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
That's a pretty large screen, perhaps too big. And the Seleco is probably only marginally better than the NEC LT150, which if possible Dell may still be selling for the ridiculously low price of $1770. The Panasonic RP91 is a great machine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Paradigms were added over time as access to PSB was limited around me. The response among them is supposedly similar and it sounds fine to me.

Jonmx, why would you consider the screen too big? I have the throw distance to fill it.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I am sure the Seleco can fill up the screen, but there are many factors to consider with screen size such as viewing distance, room lighting, projector brightness and resolution. A 123" screen is pushing the envolope for today's technology, well atleast affordable technology.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.