AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking on getting the best availabe hd satellite receiver with dvi to connect my 433 cms plasma tv. What receiver woudl you guys say is a perfect match with this plasma!

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Eddy13:

Lots of people like the Sony HD-200 or Zenith 520, which I believe are essentially the same unit. If you're planning to use one with your 433 and the 5002 card, you're out of luck. The card's DVI doesn't work with video, only PC signals.

If you're looking for alternatives, wait for the new Aurora and Key Digital cards coming out soon. They will support DVI/HDCP and replace the 5002 card.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I have the Samsung SIRT-S160 (usually called TS-160) which I've been generally happy with. It has some quirks, but it seems like all HD receivers do at this point.

One feature that is unique to the TS-160 is it's ability to output HD via DVI or component while simultaneously outputting SD via s-video or composite. It has an OTA HD receiver too. You can read all about it in the HDTV Hardware forum.

And yes, its DVI port is HDCP compliant.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so your saying that with the samsung I do not have to swith the satellite receiver from hd to sd if im flipping from a hd channel to a sd channel. Also do you think the pq are the saem on all these unite. I just want to hear form the rest of you and let me know which one you feel is the best. I am going to purchase the tvp 1000+ card and connect the dvi from any of these receivers to my pioneer 433cmx. Any help!

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
If you wait till next year Aurora is putting out a card with built in HD tuner that allows you to plug in Cable with no box needed for standard HD channels.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Eddy13
so your saying that with the samsung I do not have to swith the satellite receiver from hd to sd if im flipping from a hd channel to a sd channel. Also do you think the pq are the saem on all these unite.
I don't think you have to change between HD and SD on any of the receivers. I have the TS-160 set to output 720p to the Pio regardless of the resolution its receiving, so it scales everything automatically. The advantage of having the separate SD output is to feed into a VCR, Tivo, etc.

Can't comment on PQ since I haven't seen any other boxes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.