AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My room is 22 x 12 x 7 in an enclosed basement home theater. I currently have a 7 channel rocket setup with a single 16-46 CS Plus in the front left corner.

I would like to add a second sub, but it is not possible to place it in the same corner as the first one. SO, I need help on placement and on model.

I was thinking of getting a 25-31 CS Plus and placing in the front right corner. Or would I be better off getting another 16-46 CS plus and placing in a different location?

I love the extension of the single 16-46 but kind of miss the punch of a higher tuning. Would getting a 25-31 help fill that gap?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I believe the concensus is that you should stick with two subs of the same tuning. Plus I really liked my 16-46 CS+ . I sold it and replaced it with two CS-Ultras and wish i had kept it and just gotten another 16-46CS+. Like you said "I love the extension of the single 16-46" more than plugging one port of the Ultra. Do you have an SVS black box so that you can do variable phase on the 16-46? You might be loosing some "punch" if the sub is not in phase with your mains. I was surprised what a difference the black box made. My room is 24 x 13.5 x 7.5 in an enclosed basement HT also and one 16-46CS+ was pretty impressive. Two Ultras is way overkill. Two 16-46CS+ would have been perfect for my room.

Mitch

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mitchius
I believe the concensus is that you should stick with two subs of the same tuning. Plus I really liked my 16-46 CS+ . I sold it and replaced it with two CS-Ultras and wish i had kept it and just gotten another 16-46CS+. Like you said "I love the extension of the single 16-46" more than plugging one port of the Ultra. Do you have an SVS black box so that you can do variable phase on the 16-46? You might be loosing some "punch" if the sub is not in phase with your mains. I was surprised what a difference the black box made. My room is 24 x 13.5 x 7.5 in an enclosed basement HT also and one 16-46CS+ was pretty impressive. Two Ultras is way overkill. Two 16-46CS+ would have been perfect for my room.

Mitch
Im not sure what a "SVS black box" is, but my pre/pro is an Anthem AVM20 which has adjustable phase (in 5 degree increments) for the sub.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.