AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just get a pair of proac response 1SC..

I need help on finding a good speaker cables that match with these speakers. My budget is around $100 a pair...

My amp is rotel rmb 1075

Please help

Edwin

·
Banned
111 Posts
Try a no name speaker cable. Name brands just drive the cost up 1000+%

I was able to purchse 99.9% oxygen free super fine thread 10ga copper speaker cable for dirt cheap on the Internet through a wholesaler. I believe it ran me $250 for 500 feet.

No sense in paying over $0.60 a foot; copper is copper is copper is copper; especially carrying high current a short distance.

Check out this link - has lots of different cable. I personally have the Python 500' 10ga

http://www.newtechindustries.com/new...ren/page36.htm

·
Registered
7,656 Posts
How long are your runs? This will determine what you can go for in the used market (the way to go as far as I am concerned.)

Also, "copper is copper", hmmmm, where to start. Capacitance? [email protected]? Winding style? Distance between conductors?Quality of connectors?

Heck, if copper is copper, why don't you just use some cheap doorbell wire or some leftover copper pipe from your plumber. Its just copper...

Seriously though, while I agree that paying $1000 for a 10 ft pair of speaker cables does seem silly, there are some good quality cables out there for much less that DO make a difference, especially in long runs.

DIY is a great way to go as long as you understand what to look for, and consider your system's requirements. You can also select different cables to help with shaping the sound slightly. For instance, if you are a bit shy in the mid-bass, try 12 ga lamp cord instead of some of the finer stranded materials. You will trade off bass accuracy but will fill in with a bit more mid-bass. It is really up to your ears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.