AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help on speaker purchase.

I have 5meterx5meter room. and i think i will spend around $ 2000 speaker, sub n receiver.

This is the only option and the price that apply in my country. Oh,, i hate to said that there is no NHT Absolute Zero, KEF iQ10, Cambridge s30s, PSB Image B4, HSU HB-1 MKII, Epik, HSU, or SVS (as i read in this forum).

But, thanks before for ur response.

L/R:

B&W 685 ($ 808)

B&W 686 ($ 663)

Epos M12.2 ($ 570)

KEF C1

Mordaunt Short Avant 902i ($ 290)

Mordaunt Short Aviano 2 ($ 459)

Mordaunt Short Mezzo 1 ($ 523)

Monitor Audio BX2 ($ 535)

Monitor Audio RX1 ($ 843)

Quad 12L2 ($ 523)

Quad 11L2 ($ 407)

Q accoustic 2020 ($ 378)

Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 ($ 331)

Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 ($ 418)

Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 ($ 535)

Wharfedale Crystal 20 ($ 215)

Center

B&W HTM61 ($ 831)

L2 Center ($ 360)

Aviano 5 ($ 325)

2000c ($ 261)

Wharfedale Diamond 9cm ($ 372)

Monitor Audio BX Centre ($ 360)

Subwoofer:

Q accoustic 2070s ($ 552)

Mordaunt Short Avant 309i ($ 448)

Mordaunt Short Aviano 7 ($ 564)

Infinity Primus PS212 12" 400 watt ($ 616)

Wharfedale Diamond SW150 ($ 372)

Wharfedale Diamond SW250 ($ 552)

Monitor Audio BRW 10 ($ 552)

Velodyne Impact 12 ($ 593)

Receiver

Denon AVR-1611 ($ 488)

Onkyo TX-NR509 ($ 575)

Marantz SR3053 ($ 383)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Since I know what its like to start a thread and have no one reply, let me first wish you well on your endeavor and secondly, state I have not heard a single speaker, center channel or sub on your list.

Now that we have my utter lack of experience with any of the manufactures on your list on the record,

I would urge you to share a bit more info so members here can be of useful

assistance.

for example, how much music listening versus movie/tv watching you do.

The levels you like to listen at are helpful as well.

How far from the speakers will you sit?

Will the space be treated acoustically?

As you can imagine, the more details you can provide about your space, the more feedback i think you will get from the very knowledgeable membership of this forum.

I would be remiss in not stating the obvious which is, take any and all opportunities to hear the products you listed before you purchase if possible.

Better still to hear them in your home .

Again, good luck in your search.

jenkzy

·
Registered
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakorpakem
So sad,, no one replying my post ..
For the L/R speakers in your list I heard all of them before. But I guess you need to ask for advices in the local forum in your country Indonesia first as most forum members here are from the US and what they recommend will unlikely available in your country, according to my experience with another Indonesian member here.

And your lists also include speakers that sound very differently and I think you need to audition them to identify your own preference first and sort out only a few candidates before asking further help, since I don't think our opinions have any meaning to you if you do not know your own taste.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerstripe
For the L/R speakers in your list I heard all of them before. But I guess you need to ask for advices in the local forum in your country Indonesia first as most forum members here are from the US and what they recommend will unlikely available in your country, according to my experience with another Indonesian member here.

And your lists also include speakers that sound very differently and I think you need to audition them to identify your own preference first and sort out only a few candidates before asking further help, since I don't think our opinions have any meaning to you if you do not know your own taste.
Good point, Tiger, but no mention of Dynaudio?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by holt7153
Good point, Tiger, but no mention of Dynaudio?
Hello Holt, either Monitor Audio or Dynaudio (or [insert a brand here]) are good speakers for the OP since he didn't mention anything about his preference, requirements and speaker usage(movies/music ratio?), so I have no recommendation...

·
Registered
3,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerstripe /forum/post/20857549

Hello Holt, either Monitor Audio or Dynaudio (or [insert a brand here]) are good speakers for the OP since he didn't mention anything about his preference, requirements and speaker usage(movies/music ratio?), so I have no recommendation...

Just giving you a hard time since I think you've been away for a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.