AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help to get pointed in the right direction on speaker options that would be good match with Pioneer 59TXi receiver....in HT set up for both music and movies

I often read comments on here that reveivers have characteristics that sound better with certain speaker manufactures and types

Would appreciate any and all suggestions from some users who have more experience than I do.....

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
A budget would help tremendously. :D

You'll get a slew of people recommending Rockets ( www.********** ), Ascend ( www.ascendacoustics.com ) and Axiom ( www.axiomaudio.com ) on this forum. I'd also suggest B&W, M&K, Klipsch, Definitive Technology, Paradigm, NHT, VMPS, Kef, Totem, Polk, Boston Acoustics, and myriad others.

As far as subs go, I'd recommend forum sponsor HSU . I've got a pair of TN1220HO subs and they are FANTASTIC. Don't skimp on a sub!

Sorny

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorny... budget would make sense wouldnt it?

Lets say anywhere from 4k to 6k. Im most concerned about a good match between 59 TXi and speakers from a sound viewpoint so as to be not too cold or too warm sounding. For example Stacey Spears in reviewing some Monotor Audio speakers states that some receivers were to "cold" sounding with the Monitor Silver....while other receivers were just fine

I live in an area where I cannot reasonably find places to hear what Im contempating purchasing , therefore seeking some help

Thanks for all you might offer...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
How big is your room? This will determine how much of that budget will have to go toward subwoofer(s).

Sorny

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My room is 14 by 15 ft with high sloping ceiling.... 2300 cubic feet , and bright acousitally, not much drapes etc....

I understand the Pioneer receiver is flat; ie is not overly cool or warm.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does anyone have any speaker recommendations (7.1) regarding a 17’x18’ room with an 8’ ceiling. The 59TXI is the receiver of choice.

The budget is a flexable 3000.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kippjones
The Klipsch RF-7 7.1 setup is an excellent match to my 49TXi. It should be the same with the 59TXi. I have the SVS PB2+ sub.
Kipp, he said that he has a bright room...Klipsch will only accentuate that. IMO if you are going to go with Klipsch you should look at some acoustic treatments to "soften" the room a bit. ;)

In that price range I would look at some of the offerings from ACI, Onix, B&W, Sonus Faber, and Vienna Acoustic to name a few. All of these speakers systems should be able to be had for 4-6K but they all have very different sonic signatures. You would be best served to go out and listen to as many speakers as possible to see what "sonic signature " is for you. Good luck with your decision! :cool:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kippjones
Hectic,

The MCACC of the 59TXi will adjust accordingly so having a bright room will be a non issue. The RF-7s would work just fine.
Kipp-

Using that logic, he can just buy any speaker since the receiver will compensate.

Bob

·
Premium Member
11,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sounds Simple
Kipp-

Using that logic, he can just buy any speaker since the receiver will compensate.

Bob
Yes, as long as the speakers purchased are true full range. Some speakers that miss on the highs or lows will not qualify. The RF-7s meet that criteria. :) :) :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.