AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had good luck in using the RS DBT indoors facing east through a window. Now, we have built a deck just outside that window and my signals have gone bye bye.

I'm having an installer come by in a few days to install a CM4221 outside. Can someone with a topography software tell me how high I should position the antenna and which direction I should point to?

I live in ann arbor, MI and the zipcode is 48108. The precise location is here from antennaweb.org

Thanks.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by shankar
I had good luck in using the RS DBT indoors facing east through a window. Now, we have built a deck just outside that window and my signals have gone bye bye.

I'm having an installer come by in a few days to install a CM4221 outside. Can someone with a topography software tell me how high I should position the antenna and which direction I should point to?

I live in ann arbor, MI and the zipcode is 48108. The precise location is here from antennaweb.org

Thanks.
If you had good luck with an indoor antenna, you needn't be overly concerned about antenna height. In that respect, topographic mapping wouldn't be of much value anyway. It would be nice if you could clear your roofline by five feet or more, but it's nothing to get anal about. Absolute line of sight is not really required. As to direction, the antennaweb site should be able to provide you with the direction(s) from your location to the transmitter sites.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.