AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My setup includes a switched power center (belkin, or monster I can't recall) which is configured to power on all the devices triggered off the Yamaha 12v output.

A couple of weeks ago we got hit by snow and one morning the power to the house was switching on/off very quickly. This happened between 6-10 cycles and my equipment was on (kids home from school...). I'm not sure what the systems were trying to do when the power cycles off/on. I quickly disconnected the power center from the wall when power was out, but I wasn't quick enough. The system was unplugged just after power dropped out for the next 6-8 hours.

Since that time the TV won't "auto power on". I checked the settings and it is enabled. I tried to toggle the setting which didn't help. I did a TV factory reset and enabled auto-power, but still nothing. One other interesting note on the factory reset, even though I walked through the set would power on in the factory reset state. It took a couple of tries of making settings and powering the tv off/on (with the power switch) before those settings were preserved.

At this point I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or did something in the set get damaged? I'm not sure how these internal settings are stored and if there's something I need to do in order to help the set out.

As I recall, all I needed to do was configure the TV for auto-power (set) and that should do it.

I've also noticed that if I kill the power and quickly restore power the set does correctly restore to the ON state. It seems as if some internal component isn't able to remember what to do if the system is without power for an extended period of time.

I can configure the harmony to just turn the TV on, but I'm trying to figure out if the power problem did something to the TV. The only way may be to get a service tech out to troubleshoot the boards, but I didn't want to do that if I'm doing something wrong (very possible). If the set is damaged I'll need to take this up with the power company.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts