AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Please forgive my pathetic newbie question;) We have a Sony 34XBR2 and I would like to get my husband a NICE

DVD player to hook up to it - but, we have NEVER owned a DVD player (yeah, yeah, I know...), and I'm having trouble figuring out which one to buy. I want to keep it under $1000 and preferably under $600. I believe I want a progressive

scan player (or does the Sony have a better line doubler than some of the players?), and hopefully the capacity to hold multiple

discs. We won't be playing any high-res audio CDs - but we would like to have good sound from any DVDs we play (I know hubby intends to add a home theatre system when we renovate next year). I am having trouble locating any good sources of reveiws/comparisons/comprensive opinions on the "best" players out there. I was holding out for a HD-DVD player, but it seems like the format wars just go on and on... Any help, advice, opinions would be appreciated. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I really like the Yamaha 6480 player. It's got a great picture, and the price just dropped from $599 to $399! It's got the Faroudja deinterlacer, it's 5-disc and does dvd-audio too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
One question on the Yamaha 6480... I am trying to use my RAV2000 remote to program it but the power on/off program does not work. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.