AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am a rookie looking for a projector. Basically I want one that will be ceiling mounted in my basement for a bar type atmosphere, where I dont have to have all the lights off but can still watch sports. I have a 72" wide screen and my ceiling is around 87.5" and I was about to pull the trigger on an optoma hd25lv but I am just extremely confused on how I can ceiling mount it and the requirements. The projector calculators are a bit confusing and alls I really want to know is, can the lens only be a few inches above the top of the screen and still work? Idk I need one fast because march madness is only 2 weeks away! Thanks for any help

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
That's a TINY screen. Seriously tiny. I would personally opt for a flat panel at that size instead of the issues associated with front projection. But, the HD25 must have the center of the lens 6" above the top of the screen when ceiling mounting.

If you need the center of the lens closer to the top of the screen, the W1070 from BenQ will be better. Watch your projection distance as well with that size screen. 83" diagonal means 9' to 10'10" lens to screen distance.

Also, NO LIGHTS should ever be on directly above the screen area. Turn them off, unscrew them, whatever. Lights that are on should be nowhere near the projection screen.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated  /t/1521709/need-help-picking-a-projector-first-timer#post_24464308

That's a TINY screen. Seriously tiny. I would personally opt for a flat panel at that size instead of the issues associated with front projection.

I agree. I would buy a 70" TV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts