AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new to the forums. After much research, just purchased my HT speaker setup this week (shown below). The only thing left is the av receiver and I really need to keep it to 600 dollars or less. I have been leaning towards Marantz, Pioneer, and Denon but could be persuaded otherwise. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Klipsch RF-82 ii (towers)
Klipsch RC-62 ii (center)
Klipsch RS-42 ii (surround)
SVS PB-1000 (sub)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, I was thinking about the Marantz NR1504 to power my new system (shown above in op) but wondering if I'm selling myself short by not looking closer at Pioneer or another brand. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
12 Posts
affordable performance and reliability

I am an A/V professional and all that we use are Marantz and Pioneer Elite. Reason for not using Denon is that they make a box store model which is pretty detuned. Their good stuff is as good as the Marantz. Personally, I am using an SR5009 which, like most good units offers the user friendly setup mic and Audyssey. TAking your time with speaker setup is key. You will likely want to adjust levels for rear speakers after doing the initial setup. Don't rely on wireless anything. 90% of our service calls are due to wireless connectivity issues! OF the D&M and Elite, the video processing (actual improvement of DVD or other standard definition video input) of the Marantz is the best that I have seen. I want to like Onkyo/Integra but they seem genetically incapable of making a robust and reliable machine. Lots of nice cool air for any unit as there is lots going on in there. :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, I was thinking about the Marantz NR1504 to power my new system (shown above in op) but wondering if I'm selling myself short by not looking closer at Pioneer or another brand. Any help is appreciated!
The nice thing about Klipsch is that they make a fun sounding efficient setup for a home theater. 50 watts might do the trick if you use good wire and don't plan on theater volume levels.

·
Premium Member
93,254 Posts
Klipsch are very efficient so don't require more than a few watts on average to power. The NR1504 is a 2013 model with Audyssey MultEQ. You may want to consider a newer model like the Denon X2100W with built-in Wifi/Bluetooth and the better Audyssey MultEQ XT also used on its sister model the Marantz SR5009. Currently on clearance pricing to make way for the 2015 model replacement X2110W.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts