AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the forum and need help. I have been researching LCD TVs with built in HD tuners and have narrowed down my choices to Olevia's 527v, Westinghouses's ltv-27w6 and ltv-27w7, but I can't decide which to get. Since this will be my first HDTV, I would like to ask a few questions before picking one. (Right now I'm leaning towards the ltv27-w6)

1) I've read on these forums that the 480 resolution on the 527v is bad due to the ATI Xilleon chip. The ATI Xilleon chip is also in the ltv-27w7 (not sure whats in the ltv-27w6). Is the 480 resolution also bad on the ltv-27w7?

2) What is the difference between the ltv-27w6 and ltv-27w7? There is only a $50 price difference between the two.

3)Which of the three would you recommend and why (when compared to the others)?

4)Do you have any other sugessitions for 27" LCD TVs with a built-in HD tuner $700 or less?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Are you switching over from a 27" CRT standard def tv? If so, please realize that a widescreen 27" model will seem small in comparison. I would suggest looking at at least a 32 " model.

Be sure to look at SD programs and DVDs on them to see how good the video processing is.

I guess the main thing is to actually look at them in person and not try to make a decision from what you read on the internet.

Not sure of the exact prices as they vary from seller to seller, but look at Sharp, JVC, and Sony before making a final choice. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.