Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Recently I got a DVD burner for my PC and want to start buring some DVDs. I really want a DVD player that can play all the different DVD formats out there. That's one of the most important things. I also want the player to have good picture quality. I know some people were talking about that JVC XVN 55SL player and that's the one I'm currently looking at. Anyone know if it's good? Any other recommendations that meet my criteria? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
The latest JVC's (XV-N40BK,44SL,50BK,55SL) have the most support for all types of discs I've found and it loads them very fast

·
Banned
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone know anything on the Pioneer DV-563A. I hear this one also supports all the formats and is really good. Please give me your thoughts on this one. Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
That pioneer converts DSD (PWM) to PCM prior to D/A. That's won't do justice to SACD. Other than that and the PQ is reported to be mediocre, it's probably a good overall unit.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've heard that the Pioneer 563A is not DVD+R or DVD+RW friendly. However it plays DVD-R and -RW fine.

-Lyle J.P.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.