AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a projector for my Parents. This will be my first projector purchase. I have a DLP television and am quite familiar with that technology. But that is about it, well here goes:

Price Range: $5,000 to $10,000

Lighting - The room will not be light controlled, it has four glass doors on one wall and the other walls don't have any windows. Direct sunlight doesn't shine in, but it can be well lit during the day.

Primary Sources - HDTV via cable and DVD's

Sitting from Screen – 10 to 18 feet

The projector will be positioned above the existing doors throwing across the room a total of 21 to 22 feet.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I have approximately the same setup as you and a 7200.

Works great and it's in the lower range of your budget.

Good luck,

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
We have a few B stock JVC SX21 Dila left at the lower end of your budget as well. Very bright, no screen door, very film like. Hopefully you will have a chance to go see in person DLP/Dila/LCD.

A good bright LCD may be a simple solution, you will get more brightness for your money:)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The JVC looks very promising. I have been looking at the 7200 because I have the DLP-Faroudja combo on my TV and it works very well. Hopefully I can find somewhere near Orlando to view the JVC. I think the 7200 should be easier to find. Thank you for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.