AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here... I have been a long time reader and just now registered. My TV is a 50" Hitachi 50VS810.

I am looking for a good surround sound/home theater system to purchase for around $300. I would be willing to go up to $400 if a good argument can be made to spend that much. I would be willing to be a HTIB or get them piece by piece if you can tell me exactly what I should get. I am not very good with the technical terms, etc. and I wil lprobably be getting back on here in a few days once my TV arrives asking for help on how to hook it up!

I was reading through a few threads on here earlier and saw the Onkyo 570's getting good reviews. But I can't seem to find them anywhere. The only ones I saw were for $290.

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks again in advance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Since price seems to be an issue here, the best bang for your buck (and the deal only seems to be happening this week) would be on the panasonic sc-ht730 at best buy. I won't discuss pricing here, but you should definitely check out ************** because of a really good deal that is happening regarding this system. You can thank me later on this....

for 300 bucks you are only looking for a good home theater in box. I also had trouble finding an onkyo and ended up with the samsung ht-p38 because of the usb connectivity...a decent system that can be had for much less than what you are trying to spend (but more than the panasonic) and pretty cool if you have an mp3 player. I posted a review in avsforums.

Let us know what you get and be sure to post a review on the site.

·
Registered
804 Posts
For that price I would only recommend a couple, here are two: Yamaha YHT-160 (300 retail), and Yamaha YHT-360 (400 retail). Both are great systems for the money, deliver decent sound, and much better sound for competing system. No integrated dvd player which is a great thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.