Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I am looking to bring in some new speakers and have read many, many posts, and I think I have it narrowed down. I just wanted to see if I could get some insight from you all. Please try to focus on just these speakers and not recommend others...I have seen that speakers like tv's like receivers come in many flavors and have many followers.

My details:

Need a 5.1 setup

Sony C70es DVD/Receiver (fits in my rack) 6 ohms, 120 wpc

I want to be sure I can hear the DIALOG of movies...I watch plenty of action type movies, but it bugs me to no end when I can't hear the dialog clearly.

Enrgy Take 5.2

Paradigm Cinema Series 90's

Axiom Micro System

B&W DM 303 Series

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have Axiom, but the M series. For the money, can't be beat. As for the center voice issue, you could move to a larger center speaker within the same product line.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips...yes I have been thinking about getting the larger center...would that present any kind of issues?

And has anyone heard or tested the DynAudio 42 series? I have seen those consistantly mentione dhere as being a good brand.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the Energy 5.2 system but am *told* the Micro not only matches the 5.2 but on some levels begins to rival the Energy Encore. There is also a review linked on the audioshop page that compares an energy and axiom setup head to head.

Was evaluating Energy vs. Axiom myself for my father. Went with an Axiom system (M3ti, QS4s and VP100 for ~$700 shipped) for only a little more than an authorized retailer price for the Take 5.2 ($599).

The best place I know to get the Micro is from Marc at Audioshop. Pretty good prices for us in the US when you figure in the exchange rates.

Bottom line: I would check out an axiom setup... but hurry axiom is phasing out their smaller speakers (m0ti, m1ti, vp0, vp50 and qs2)!

Matthew

·
Registered
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by exsilio
Thanks for the tips...yes I have been thinking about getting the larger center...would that present any kind of issues?
Was advised from Marc not to match a M2i with a VP50 as the VP50se uses a very different tweater and from his experience it would lead to a frustrating experience.

I would *assume* this would mean that in a case where your pairing a center with a M0ti (or perhaps an M1ti) you would not want to go with any center beyond a VP50.

Again, this is only an extrapolation and you may find it is not the case.

Matthew

(Let us know what you decide!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.