AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am new to this site. I am trying to find a sub that best suits my system and room size. I know there are a lot of other similar posts like this and I have read many of them. Ok, maybe 5 of them.
...Anyway, I have a Klipsch system. I have the following setup:

Onkyo 806 receiver

F2 floor speakers

C2 center

S1 surround

RSX-3 surround back

My HT is set up in my bonus room over my garage. My room is about 16 x 18. I was considering either the Klipsch sub 12 or the RW-10d. My budget is no more than $500. Should I stick with Klipsch or are there better options for me? Thanks for helping!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
For $500, I would say the SVS PB10-NSD, eD A3-300 w/ the upgraded driver, and the Hsu VTF-1 are better choices. For around $600 you can get the SVS PB12-NSD.

The SVS and the eD would definitely dig deeper, but Hsu subwoofers are considered more musical if you read around.

ID (Internet Direct) brands definitely offer more bang-for-the-buck than big store name brands.

With a budget of $500 and above I would definitely consider either SVS, eD or Hsu.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethompson3 /forum/post/15453737

Hello all,

I am new to this site. I am trying to find a sub that best suits my system and room size. I know there are a lot of other similar posts like this and I have read many of them. Ok, maybe 5 of them.
...Anyway, I have a Klipsch system. I have the following setup:

Onkyo 806 receiver

F2 floor speakers

C2 center

S1 surround

RSX-3 surround back

My HT is set up in my bonus room over my garage. My room is about 16 x 18. I was considering either the Klipsch sub 12 or the RW-10d. My budget is no more than $500. Should I stick with Klipsch or are there better options for me? Thanks for helping!

eD A3-300 With the upgraded driver for $500 shipped forget about the kiplisch and the RW

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for all your help. Sounds good. I don't know why I was stuck on the klipsch subs. I guess it was the name. Thanks for truly opening my eyes!
I'll be forgetting about the klipsch subs! I'll be going with one of your suggestions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. I was checking out the eD A3-300. Now how do I know if it has the updated driver? On their website, the included driver is the 13Kv.2. They also have the 13Ov.2 driver for $25. Is the updated driver the one for $25?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. With a little research, I just read that eD has free ground shipping!!! So I guess the upgraded driver WOULD be the one for $25. Thats not bad for $500 shipped!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethompson3 /forum/post/15457455

Ok. I was checking out the eD A3-300. Now how do I know if it has the updated driver? On their website, the included driver is the 13Kv.2. They also have the 13Ov.2 driver for $25. Is the updated driver the one for $25?

Yup thats the one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts