AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently looking to piece together a system for my home theater. I decided to go this route and bypass buying a HTIB but could use all the help I can get as I'm fairly clueless when it comes to this type of stuff. My budget is around $1,000, hopefully that'll be enough to net me a good setup. It's also worth mentioning that I do listen to a lot of music, so a hard hitting sub is a must. Thanks for any advice/help in advanced.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Well I'd like to know how exactly you intend to hook it up and/or what you already have so it can be optimized for your setup.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As of right now, I am starting from scratch as far as the audio side goes. I have a Panasonic TH-50PH9UK panel and Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD player. I would prefer taking the 7.1 route, although I would be completely satisfied going 5.1. Unfortunately I do not have exact cubic feet specs off the top of my head, I'll look into that. I can tell you the entire setup is going into an average size living room for a house. It's not for a dedicated home theater room. I know that is very vague and doesn't help much. I'll get back to you with the cubic feet as soon as I can though.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Take a look at HTD , they have a few nice setups for 5.1 that you may like. They also have a 30 day risk free trial, that they will pay shipping BOTH ways if you don't like their system. Worth a look IMO, and with your budget, depending on if you go with the level 2's or 3's you may be able to sneak in a 7.1 setup if you like the the way the 5.1 sounds. They only pay shipping both ways for the 5.1 systems. Their website explains everything though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.