AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just set up my new slim 360 and I transferred all the data from my 20gb hard drive to my 250gb slim. It did all my profiles and videos and stuff fine as well as games.

I have 2 profiles. one i dont use anymore but I downloaded some games with that profile long time ago and used my current profile to play those games on my xbox.

on the slim , Now i cant play those games like uno or super street fighter or afew others unless i sign in to the orignal profile that i originally downloaded with. but i dont use that profile anymore. my current one has a gold status.

what do i have to do to fix this so both profiles have access to the full version downloaded on to the hard drive ?

Also im satisfied with the slim i dont hear a damn sound from the console except for the brick. My older model 360 was loud as hell. I belive it was a 2nd gen. mine was the one that came with Forza and marvel ultimate alliance for 07 holiday.

the top part of the console gets pretty damn hot though on the slim.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
transfer licenses for BOTH gamertags to the new console.

xbox.com/drm

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just did that and still it says trial game for the games that i want to play with my current gamertag. can only play the full version with the orginal gamer tag. on the old system i could play the full version with either.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
if the licenses are properly transferred, you should be able to play any purchase from either tag on the slim, even if you aren't online.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn it it only lets you transfer once a year.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisg /forum/post/19584413

You also have to re-download the content after doing the license transfer, since the DRM keys are generated at that time.

so uninstall the games and download again ?

I wont lose my saved data will i ?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
awesome it worked, Thanks. gonna clear out my Hard drive now and sell my old console

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when i attached my hard drive back on to my older console to erase the memory on it, it was already gone. I thought the transfer cable just copies the data over ? sure it saved me the work there from formatting it but what about someone who just wants to copy their saved data over on to another console but keep the data on their hard drive as well ?

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
yep... the transfer cable transfers all the data... some things they dont allow copies of, so nothing is copied, it's all moved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts