AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I figured it's a start.

Last week my dad purchased a Sony KDL-46NX800 and is having a big problem with the sound synchronizing with the picture. Before I get started he is running the TV using an off air antenna (not satalite, uverse, digital cable, or even basic cable).

So with some channels, the audio is about 3-5 seconds ahead of the video and others it is dead on. Power the TV on and/off and it fixes the problem.

He also just purchased a sony home theater in a box from Sams Club ( http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/pr...Id=prod1110815 ).

I stopped over to help him set it up, but it was very simple just to use the HDMI cable. The delay still happens (though the TV is still the source since the coax from the antenna runs through the TV and the two connect via the HDMI (note: I also tried a regular red/white stereo cable from the audio out on the TV to the reciever).

The synch miss match also occurs with DVDs and blurays. I'm not sure what to tell him. Do you guys think there is an issue with the TV? Should he exchange it? Is this a known issue with either of these products?

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts