AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the Channel Master Gain Master Dish and am receiving Sat A but not B or C. I adjusted the dish (elevation, skew, azimuth) until I received a signal with Sat A. How do I receive B or C? I will be adding an HDTV DirecTV receiver soon and will need Sat C.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
I assume you're talking about their "oversized" D* oval dish? (Edit: I guess you did say Gain Master...)


Make sure you're using the dish pointing charts in the back of the manual (you'll need your latitude/longitude), instead of what's displayed on your receiver. What the D* receiver says is only valid for standard dishes.


I self-installed one of those a couple of months ago. First time (in maybe 3-4 instances of work on my system) I've ever been almost spot-on pointing the dish right away. Couldn't believe it. Of course, then I lost sat-A trying to tweak it and I've never been able to get it above 70%, since ... I think I might have a bad LNB or cable there. Weird that it only appeared to die after I started re-pointing, I could've sworn I had it at 95% to start.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mikandrsn
I assume you're talking about their "oversized" D* oval dish? (Edit: I guess you did say Gain Master...)


Make sure you're using the dish pointing charts in the back of the manual (you'll need your latitude/longitude), instead of what's displayed on your receiver. What the D* receiver says is only valid for standard dishes.

If you tell your receiver that the dish is trip LNB or oval, it will happily provide all 3 bits of info necessary for rough alignment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by thepicman
If you tell your receiver that the dish is trip LNB or oval, it will happily provide all 3 bits of info necessary for rough alignment.
You don't want to do that with the "gainmaster" ... pointing isn't the same as with a standard D* dish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,285 Posts
Yes, you *do* want to tell the receiver you have an oval or triple LNB so that it knows to send the correct signals to select sat b and c.


You must ignore what your box says about pointing though. For that, you need to use the information in the GainMaster dish booklet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nuke
Yes, you *do* want to tell the receiver you have an oval or triple LNB so that it knows to send the correct signals to select sat b and c.
Sorry, I should've been more clear. I was just trying to communicate that he should disregard the dish pointing directions from the receiver.


Of course the receiver should be configured for a triple LNB dish. Thought that kind of went without saying, but now that you mention it... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top