AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TV is a Vizio P50HDTV.

The remote looks like a peanut from the back and has no model numbers other than patents.

The home theater system is a Phillips HTS3555.

I have contacted Visio but they have no code for it so i contacted Phillips and they gave me three three digit codes (441, 442, and 943).

The only problem is that the remote will only take five digit codes and adding two zeros (per Phillips recommendation) did not help.

The code search feature hasn't worked either. (listed below)

The way i perceive the instructions

HTS is on press DVD on remote, hold set wait for two blinks, press dvd, power, dvd, power, ect...

But no go.

To search for a component code:

1. Turn on the component.

2. Press the matching component button on the remote control.

3. Press and hold the SET button until the LED flashes twice.

4. Press 9 9 1. The LED flashes twice.

5. Point the remote control at the component and then alternate between pressing the POWER

button and the component button on the remote control until the component turns off.

If the component still does not respond, clear the component button, then repeat the search

procedure.

Odd thing is that there is a button label component on the remote.

any help would be nice.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
If there isn't AUX or AUD device on the remote, I doubt it has Audio codes then. but you want try these philips audio codes:

31189, 31269, 30189, 30391, 31089, 31120, 31266, 31268, 31283, 31365, 31368. If you don't get two blinks after the fifth digit than that code isn't in your remote.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just tryed all codes. no go. i did get two blinks after each codes though.

I had a Harmony 550 but the LCD is cracked on it.

·
Registered
664 Posts
You might be able to get some of the DVD functions (like play, stop, rew, ff) using DVD setup code 20539. If some of the functions work, you may be able to add some of the functions missing, but others like volume up and down and some of the input selection can't be added without using a JP1 cable .

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the same problem except with me I'm trying to program a Pioneer Home Theatre / Amp model VSX-812 and a Pioneer DV-363.

These units are not new, maybe 3 years old.

Vizio tech's say this remote is the newest on the market and should have the latest codes.

If I'm not mistaken the model of the remote is 8UR.

Any help or ideas is appreciated!

Thanks Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts