Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

I am from Sydney, Australia

I just want to ask your opinion regarding some dlp projectors.

There are not many shops around here that I can actually demo these units.

I am thinking of either getting Z91 from Sharp which I can get for around AUD4700 and Infocus X1 for around AUD3400. Is Z90/Z91 worth the difference of AUD1300?

Any other model I should look at?

thanks

Armand

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I have seen them both, but not side-by-side, only on different occasions. That said, I would go with the X1 given the large price difference you listed. But more importantly, are you sure you and your family are not susceptible to rainbows?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Having looked around the forums on DLP there is one issue that has been raised and that is the "rainbow effect" that DLP seems to produce together with some comments that it can cause headaches. As I haven't demoed the HT1000 yet I can't comment, can someone enlighten me as to these issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Originally posted by sushi

Thanks Sushi

At the moment there is only 1 shop that demoed X1 and I only saw it for a

few minutes since the guy was short of staff and had to attend the other customer(not good). Picture was beautiful, I didn't see the rainbow but who knows, I only watched it for a few minutes.

That is why I have included the Z91 because it has 5 x color wheel.

I have to wait for the other shops to carry the X1 here in Sydney since the one I went to already sold their demo. I can also get the Panasonic 300

but at the moment I am leaning toward DLP. Just have to make sure

me and my family dont see the rainbow.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I would also go for the X1.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.