AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace my Gigabyte G45 motherboard because I'm having nothing but problems with my Yamaha RX-V465 and keeping the correct resolution on restarts and wake ups. Also its just generally an unstable system even after multiple formats and configurations.

The reason why I'm asking on here first is because I want to make sure the new parts work better with my Yamaha V465. Does anyone have any experience with HTPCs and Yamaha Av receivers? What works and what doesn't?

That and I'd also like to be able to bitstream hd audio from BD's.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Have you tried adding a video card to it?

Since you want bitstreaming, add an inexpensive HD5000 series card and see how it works with the AVR before replacing your board.

In any case, the G45 doesn't support bitstreaming so you would have to purchase a card. And if you have to purchase a card, you may as well add it to the system, maybe even reinstall the OS and see if it works.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I might go with your suggestion of adding an inexpensive 5450 to get it bitstreaming. Would I need to format or just clean out the intel drivers? I'd like avoid a format :S

On another note I accidentally removed the Generic PnP drivers for my monitor and it seems to have fixed (so far) some problems I was having with screen resolutions upon wake up and boot.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonykappa
Yeah I'll probably go with this one:

EAH5450 SILENT/DI/512MD2(LP) - $51.00

http://www.asus.com.au/product.aspx?...xj4&templete=2
IMO, $50 is way more for a 5450, typical base price for a 5450 is around $20-$25. I got a silent 5450 (Sapphire) for a friend recently for $21.

Also, Newegg had a 1GB 5570 for $35 today.

What OS are you using?

Win 7 is strongly recommended for a smooth & relatively hassle-free bitstreaming installation.

Edit: Just realized you might be from Australia and prices would be different over there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirent
IMO, $50 is way more for a 5450, typical base price for a 5450 is around $20-$25. I got a silent 5450 (Sapphire) for a friend recently for $21.

Also, Newegg had a 1GB 5570 for $35 today.

What OS are you using?

Win 7 is strongly recommended for a smooth & relatively hassle-free bitstreaming installation.

Edit: Just realized you might be from Australia and prices would be different over there.
Yep sorry I didn't mention I was from Australia. We pay a premium on all electronics :p

I'm currently using W7 Home Premium 64 with my G45.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts