AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used a niles tva20 in my bedroom to switch between whole house audio and the tv in the bedroom. I have gone out and bought a new lcd tv and it does not have variable audio output so I have no way of controlling the volume to the tv. Does anyone know of a box that would be similiar to the niles but allow controlling of the volume. I tried sending audio out of the tv to a receiver and then out to the niles but the receiver volume control would not adjust the level out of receiver. I just need to control the volume of the tv audio going to the niles some how. Thanks for any help and suggestions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got an old Niles TVA-20 that I've had for a number of yrs that up until a recent TV change has worked flawlessly. In switching out the two sets I can not control the audio that passes thru the TVA-20. I didn't do anything differently with the connections. Can anyone provide a solution? The Niles still works so I don't think the answer is to replace it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
If your TV has a headphone jack, use it for audio out.

Buy a TV with variable audio output.

Bring a pair of headphones to the store, to make sure it works.

If the TV has fixed audio out, and you can't return it, buy an AVR to replace the switching amp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.