AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine unknowingly purchased a Region 3 DVD from eBay and now obviously wants to watch it. I tried ripping it with DVD Decrypter which seemed to work, but I cannot view the subtitles using PowerDVD XP (the only DVD player I own). Is there some trick? I have looked at the docs at doom9.org to no avail.

Surely somebody has done this successfully before. All I want to be able to do is rip the movie, remove the region, and then I'll dub it to VHS for him.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Hanson
Is it possible that the DVD has no english subtitles?

Almost forgot......under "VTS overview" (in the movies *.ifo file) it will tell you all the audio and subpicture info you want.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Hanson
Is it possible that the DVD has no english subtitles?
Sorry, I should've mentioned that it definitely has english subtitles (even PowerDVD tells me this, but doesn't allow me to select it).

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by nysteelo
Download Ifoedit , open up each *.ifo file, hit the "region free" button, and voila!
Where/when do I do this? Copy the files to the hard drive and then use this tool?

Thanks,

Mike.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I can tell you that I have Cineplayer 1.5, Windvd 4.5 ,Nvdvd 2.55 and powerdvd xp 4.0 and power dvd is the only one that will not show anysubtitles. I have like 10 region 3 movies (HonkKong martial arts movies, Hero, Musa ect..) and Powerdvd will not play the subs....not even on region 1 movies!

But.... You can use Zoomplayer and select the powerdvd filters and Zoom will be able to pull out the subs for you.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tip. I will see if I can get my hands on a copy of another player for cheap and go from there.

And all this time, I was afraid I was doing something wrong... argh :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mikef
Where/when do I do this? Copy the files to the hard drive and then use this tool?

At the top of the link I gave you there is a "guides" button, scroll down on the next page till you see "Removing RCE protection". This should get you going.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.