AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Samsung has been out 4 times since a June repair for the sound sync issue on my HLN567W (purchased during a close out). After they changed the boards to fix the sound problem, the picture quality has gone bad. Very grainy and has lost the almost 3D looking picture the set had before the board swap.

They first swapped the digital and analog boards, a second time, things got worse. Then they sent a tech to do some service menu tuning, but he could not get the picture back in spec. The tech called Samsung, and they sent out a new light engine, Still looks bad. So Samsung decided to send out new boards and a light engine together because of a possible firmware issue.

A different tech form the first three visits swapped out all the parts (Visit #4), and things looked the same. The tech commented while on-site that the picture was grainy. He left then came back 15 minutes later and took out the parts he just installed, and put back the parts from visit #3.

After making numerous follow-up calls and waiting another three weeks, Samsung called and said the service company had reported that everything was fine. I explained it was not and asked to speak with someone higher up in management. After calling them everyday for the last week and leaving messages with the DSG tech, no one in management is calling me back.

If anyone else has had service issues and has any information, names phone numbers, etc to get the right persons attention at Samsung. Please PM me.

At this point I think they should replace the unit or at least give me a partial refund. I wish I had never let them work on the TV now. The sound was off but the picture was prefect until they touched it. It makes me sick every time I turn on the set now.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just sent you a PM with contact info for the Customer Service unit that helped me with my HLN507W. Do a search on my user name and see the BS I went through. You should be able to get this resolved. Feel free to email me or PM me for more info.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not a Samsung hating troll. My intent is not to bash Samsung or their service. I loved my set right up until the repair damaged the PQ. I just want to get back the PQ I had before repairs.

I need to hear from others who have had success getting Samsung service issues resolved, or at least getting through the first layer of support and getting a call back from a manager who has the authority to resolve problems.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cek
I am not a Samsung hating troll. My intent is not to bash Samsung or their service. I loved my set right up until the repair damaged the PQ. I just want to get back the PQ I had before repairs.

I need to hear from others who have had success getting Samsung service issues resolved, or at least getting through the first layer of support and getting a call back from a manager who has the authority to resolve problems.
I had issues with my Sammy HLR5667W, made one phone call, setup a service time, and the set was fixed in about 7 days. No issues with me.

FWIW, the tech told me that Samsung was easily the easiest company to deal with from both a customer standpoint and an authorized repair shop standpoint. I don't think you'll find anything better from any other brand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.