AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I am helping a friend build a surround sound system and need some help. He wants every speaker (but the subwoofer) to be in-wall.

I am thinking about a 6.1 setup, not only for cost reasons, but because 7.1 really hasn't caught on yet.

He wants to have 4 zones. The theater (6 speakers), the kitchen (2 speakers), the bathroom (1 speaker), and the back porch (2 - 3 speakers).

The budget for speakers is about $1,500 - $1,700. Every zone (except the theater) will be used for playing music only, and doesn't necessarily need to be the most audiophile speaker out there. As for the theater, we can leave THX at the door (cost).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been researching in-wall speakers, and saw that Polk Audio has a pretty solild selection. I am also a fan of JBL, but have no experience with their in-wall speakers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
consider the Parts Express Dayton brand in-walls with kevlar cones. Decent price and good performance in the budget setup I did for my in-laws. WAF was in-walls only, but their budget did not allow the premium brands. Everyone was very pleased with the Dayton speakers
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....ctGroup_ID=762

and a personal opinion.....just use 5.1, 6.1 is the odd-man-out, and as you said, there is really no programming for 7.1

1 - 2 of 2 Posts